I am working on a Wordpress theme lately and just finished coding the Portfolio page. I would like to share my experience with Custom Post Types with you. (Thanks to Joe Casabona, his post is a great start guide.)
Ok, less talk, more code....
We want to...
- Add "Client" and "Short Text" fields to our work
- Add "Types" so our work can be filtered
- Add Sorting Function to Portfolio List (by Date, Project name and Client)
- Add Filtering function to theme
- Have Pagination on the page
Create Custom Post Type[crayon-549767f8b4984301468135/]
Create a Portfolio Template[crayon-549767f8b49b5141320359/]
View Single Project
You can duplicate and rename your single.php as single-portfolio.php if you want to have a custom single page for your projects.